FORM is a leading furniture business, well established in the retail and contract sector.
The foreman will take command of a workshop that has been producing bespoke beds and mattresses since 1947. The workshop also works with designers and architects on one-off contract upholstery jobs mainly for offices, restaurants, and hotels.
The post calls for a person with hands-on experience in the upholstery trade and knowledge of associated carpentry works.
The selected candidate would be, among other duties, involved in:
- Planning and allocating work and supervision of the workforce
- Technical communication with the salespersons as well as with the experienced craftsmen.
- Ensuring that the work is carried out to the agreed spec and standard
- Keeping control of all components required to ensure re-ordering just in time as well as recording orders and components drawn from the company’s stores
- Ensuring that all tools and equipment are properly used and maintained and safety standards throughout the workshop are meticulously met.
- Join our craftsmen on the job when possible and as necessary as well as provide all assistance that may be required.
This post calls for a mature person with experience and responsibility.
The foreman will report directly to the directors, and the salary is commensurate with experience and expertise.